Gnotobiotic facilities: writing inside isolators
Written by M.G Staff and Joana Bom (Axenic/Gnotobiology and Mouse Facility Manager – Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Portugal) While nowadays…
Germ-free cage sterilization
On the subject of germ-free animals and equipment used for housing the first word that comes to mind is “sterility”….
Inexpensive shipment of germ-free and Gnotobiotic animals
Shipping germ-free or gnotobiotic animals is a challenge with many variables to control. Currently the most common option for shipping…
Plastic cages for gnotobiotic and germ free mice: How to select the right material
When it comes to selecting a plastic cage to be used in a particular application (like Gnotobiotic facilities), there are…
Housing of germ free animals
Germ free mice, also called Axenic, are animals free of all foreign life forms apart from itself (as determined within…
THE SERVICE CAGE: Autoclavable container ready to use!
The service cage is an autoclavable container used for the transfer of equipment and materials useful for carrying out different…
- Gnotobiotic facilities: writing inside isolators 4 April 2022
- Germ-free cage sterilization 24 January 2022
- Microbiota and its importance in aging 25 October 2021
- Procedural diversity and technical choices working with gnotobiotic mice in IVCs. (part 2) 27 September 2021
- Procedural diversity and technical choices working with gnotobiotic mice in IVCs. (part 1) 30 August 2021
DVC – Digital Ventilated Cage for digital vivarium
The DVC® is capable to provide novel insights and enhance animal welfare checks thanks to the automatic data collection directly from the cage level. Specifically designed DVC® board enables different benefits for the researchers and vivarium people.