The service cage is an autoclavable container used for the transfer of equipment and materials useful for carrying out different procedures on the IBS work plan. An ISOcage Positive, used together with a decontamination trolley is the ideal container to use for this purpose.
It is enough to wash an ISOcage top (without HEPA filter) and an ISOcage bottom.
Once they are washed the irradiated HEPA filter can be installed and inside the cage it is possible to introduce autoclavable material, of compatible size and useful quantity such as: scissors, forceps, forceps tray, spoons, Pyrex beaker, tissues etc.
The cage can be assembled and placed into a slot on the decontamination trolley.
The service cage can be run on the same trolley with other normal ISOcages as for the operating procedure of the germ free or gnotobiotic facility.
After the autoclaving cycle the cage can be directly transferred through the dunk tank inside the IBS or alternatively positioned on the ISO positive rack and used when necessary.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Hydrogen peroxide: two main delivery methods for Gnotobiotic Facilities 10 May 2021
- The involvement of microbiome in neurological disorders: an update 19 April 2021
- Inexpensive shipment of germ-free and Gnotobiotic animals 29 March 2021
- What is Gnotobiology in Lab Animal Science? 8 March 2021
- Ducted cabinet for animal facilities? What to know (part 5) 15 February 2021
DVC – Digital Ventilated Cage for digital vivarium
The DVC® is capable to provide novel insights and enhance animal welfare checks thanks to the automatic data collection directly from the cage level. Specifically designed DVC® board enables different benefits for the researchers and vivarium people.